Thursday, November 4, 2010

There's an app for that... in cookies

So my boyfriend and I celebrated our 3-year anniversary recently. To celebrate, I had the brilliant idea of making him iPhone cookies. They were a bit of a nightmare to be honest, I really should have given myself more time. These are brown sugar cookies decorated with royal icing.

Here they are in all their glory:

From Top Row, Left to Right: SMS, App Store, iTunes, Facebook, Pictures, Notes, Weather, Clock, Camera, Stocks, The Chemical Touch, Angry Birds, Calculator, Maps, Calendar, Settings, Phone, Mail, iTunes, Safari.

So my advice to you, dear reader, is to give yourself plenty of time before attempting to do something crazy like this, or you may tear your hair out. I did learn a lot from the experience though. One being the "sugar bloom" on some of the blue and green cookies (the mottled look). Apparently it also happens quite a bit with red dyes, so I will be playing with some methods to prevent it in the future.

1 comment: